Sew Sweet Dispenser

This gumball machine is part of my studio decor. It sits upon my sewing table and makes for a pretty backdrop whenever I want to share a quick WIP pic or shop update. I feel happy whenever I look over at it.






Originally it was red and purchased from a thrift store. Dismantling was easy by unscrewing the top bolt and then everything just lifted apart. The glass dome was washed and set aside and everything that I didn't want painted was taped off. I used chalk paint so no prep was needed.

Two shades of pink where used and then I distressed it slightly being careful not to allow any of the original paint to show through. A subtle shimmer was added to finish it off.



Next came the reassembling. I taped a piece of card stock inside the bottom to prevent any buttons from falling through the dispenser opening.  The fun part was filling it with vintage spools of thread and some buttons on hand. I topped it up with a package of pink buttons from the dollar store.
Is it better than candy?  I think so! Maybe not as good as chocolate but who puts chocolate in these things anyway. ;)